[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #100082] History for desc setting in METPlus conf

George McCabe via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Jun 2 13:50:01 MDT 2021

George,

  I got a issue for ceiling height setting in conf file.
in the HREF mean  files, the ceiling height is HGT with level "L0"
with desc "cloud ceiling" So my setting is like this

BOTH_VAR6_NAME = HGT
BOTH_VAR6_LEVELS = L0
BOTH_VAR6_THRESH = <305.0
FCST_VAR6_OPTIONS = desc = cloud ceiling

But this got  ERROR  :    text   = "ceiling"
If set as FCST_VAR6_OPTIONS = desc = cloud_ceiling
but still not working.
I can use  alternative FCST_VAR6_OPTIONS = GRIB_lvl_typ = 215
to solve this issue, but still curious about the desc setting

Binbin

42:23278697:d=2021053000:HGT:cloud base:24 hour fcst:wt ens mean
64:32153479:d=2021053000:HGT:cloud ceiling:24 hour fcst:wt ens mean

--

Binbin Zhou

IMSG at NOAA/NWS/NCEP/EMC

5830 University Research Ct.