[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #100129] History for retrieve old plot from METviewer

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Jul 12 11:36:15 MDT 2021

I know the recent plots were save by METviewer, but is it possible to
retrieve an old plot created last year like "20201028_150702"? Thank you.

Binyu

Subject: retrieve old plot from METviewer
From: John Halley Gotway
Time: Mon Jun 07 10:24:00 2021

Hi Binyu,

I see you're wondering about the history of plots created by
METviewer. I
believe the answer is no. Once the plot is no longer available in the
METviewer history, it cannot be retrieved. During the plot creation
process, METviewer generates a few output files, including the xml,
run
script, data file, and the resulting plot. Those sit in directories on
the
machine on which METviewer is run. And there is a janitor setup to
clean up
those files after a certain amount of time. That amount of time can
vary
for each METviewer instance, but it's at least a week.

In general, if you make a plot with the METviewer GUI that you like, I
always recommend that you save both the image and the XML file you
used to
create that image.

Tatiana, if I'm wrong about this, and the XML files actually are
stashed
away somewhere, please let me know!

From: Tatiana Burek
Time: Mon Jun 07 10:29:36 2021

We usually keep XMLs and data files that were generated by METviewer
on AWS at least for a month and delete them after.
There is no way to restore deleted files.

Tatiana

From: John Halley Gotway
Time: Mon Jun 07 10:53:13 2021

Thanks for confirming Tatiana. I'll go ahead and resolve this ticket.

John

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 10:30 AM Tatiana Burek via RT