[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #98116] History for CDP threshold setting in EnsembleStat conf

George McCabe via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jan 5 16:31:56 MST 2021

George,

Happy New Year!

  I am working on transition of  our MET-based global ensemble verification
to METplus based package. In this package climatology bins (10 bins) are
used.
In current ensemble stat config file, the relevant entries iare defined
like following

 ens = {
   ens_thresh = 1.0;
   vld_thresh = 1.0;

   field = [

      {
         name       = "HGT";
         level      = "P500";
         obs_thresh = [ <=CDP10, >CDP10&&<=CDP20, >CDP20&&<=CDP30,
>CDP30&&<=CDP40, >CDP40&&<=CDP50, >CDP50&&<=CDP60, >CDP60&&<=CDP70,
>CDP70&&<=CDP80, >CDP80&&<=CDP90, >CDP90 ];
      }
   ]
}
fcst = ens;
obs  = fcst;
ens_ssvar_bin_size = 1000000;
ens_phist_bin_size = 0.05;
climo_mean = fcst;
climo_mean = {
   file_name = "${CLIM_MEAN}";
   time_interp_method = DW_MEAN;
   match_day          = TRUE;
   time_step          = 21600;
}

climo_stdev = climo_mean;
climo_stdev = {
  file_name = "${CLIM_STDV}";
}

climo_cdf = {
   cdf_bins    = 11;
   center_bins = TRUE;
   write_bins  = TRUE;
}

I can not find the correspondent settings in its conf file from METplus
online doc.
Can you help me look at this?

Thanks!

Binbin