[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #97842] History for HIRA not Running

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Feb 10 09:04:44 MST 2021

John, I am verifying our meoscale ensemble over a small domain in Africa (about 5 - 10 observations).  I have HIRA turned on in the config file (MET 8.1):

//
// HiRA verification method
//
hira = {
   flag       = TRUE;
   width      = [ 1, 5 ];
   vld_thresh = .8;
   cov_thresh = [ ==0.25 ];
   shape      = SQUARE;
}

But the data output does not show any HIRA neighborhoods in the output.  We are also running WRF over that domain and with the same HIRA settings I am getting neighborhood data in the output.  Looking at the meps listing I get with verbosity set to four, there is no HiRA information in the file.  Is HiRA allowed on probability data?  We did this in the past I believe.   I can send the data set if needed.

Bob