[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #97988] History for MET functionalities

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Feb 10 09:05:41 MST 2021

May I have some questions about MET functionalities?
1. May I know how to config wind speed verification?
2. Will MET include verification of wind direction in the future?
3. Will MET support ROC curves based on multi-thresholds of observation
data?
    Right now, MET creates ROC curves based on a single obs_thresh.
    I have observation data containing 4 category values, trace, light,
moderate, severe. For each category of these four, I understand MET
supports creating STAT file and ROC curves. My question is: will MET
support creating ROC curves based on all categories, in other words, will
MET support ROC curves on multiple obs_thresh?
Thank you.
Yali