[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #101038] History for grid_stat sometimes gets delayed?

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Aug 23 09:49:07 MDT 2021

In a sequential job which ran grid_stat in a loop of forecast hours, I
found sometimes/occasionally grid_stat got delayed.

Attached is a sample log file.

On L4563, 'ls' command lists all stat files which are generated by
grid_stat. On this line it shows only 9 stat files are present/listed.
But from L1-L4563, searching keywords 'Output file', you can see 24 stat
files supposed to be generated by grid_stat.

That means though stat files are submitted to grid_stat but possibly
delayed. Then it causes consequential errors.

To confirm my guess, I reran the case and everything was all right.

Thank you for your help.
Yali