[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #99725] History for ask a question about TCPairsConfig file

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 29 08:52:24 MDT 2021

Can I ask a few questions regarding the MET-TC tools? In
TCPairsConfig_default there are settings related to "time window":
**------
//
// Model initialization time windows to include or exclude
//
init_beg = "";
init_end = "";
init_inc = [];
init_exc = [];

//
// Valid model time window
//
valid_beg = "";
valid_end = "";
**--------

In adeck file:
AL, 29, 2020103000, 03, GFSO, TAU, ...
AL, 29, 2020103012, 03, HWRF, TAU, ...
AL, 29, 2020103018, 03, HMON, TAU ...

In bdeck file:
the time is from 2020102900 to 2020111306

To me it seems that the time is not consistent.

1. According to
https://www.nrlmry.navy.mil/atcf_web/docs/database/new/abdeck.txt,
the 3rd column in adeck file is "Warning Date-Time-Group", and TAU is
"Forecast time". Does it mean that, 2020103000 (for GFSO) corresponds to
"int_beg" in TCPairsConfig file?

2. For different models, the first "Warning Date-Time-Group" is different.
e.g.: 2020103000 for GFSO, 2020103012 for HWRF. Also for a specific model,
different "Warning Date-Time-Group" has different TAUs. Therefore I wonder
how can I set the time related items in the tc_pairs config file? For
instance, the model initialization time window and valid model time window:

Many thanks.
Best,
Yan