[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #99455] History for Display MET products

Minna Win via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 22 14:44:35 MDT 2021

I have several questions:

1. How could I use METView in CHEYENNE? I saw there is a Metview

/glade/p/ral/jntp/MET/METviewer

2. How to use the python plotting scripts you provided? I need to plot time
series of RMSE/BIAS etc.

cheyenne:/glade/p/ral/jntp/MET/METplus/METplus-4.0.0-beta3/ush/plotting_scripts>ls

plot_date_by_level.py  plot_lead_by_level.py      plot_threshold_by_lead.py

plot_lead_average.py   plot_stat_by_level.py      plot_time_series.py

plot_lead_by_date.py   plot_threshold_average.py  plot_util.py

3. Could I use Fortran code to rewrite/recompute  the MET output of
point_stat_000000L_20150715_000000V.stat?
Do you have a simple subroutine to read this file?

4. What do these thresh means? The units of Obs and Fcst should be the
same, or could be different? such as obs is K, FCst can be degC.

FCST_VAR1_THRESH = <=273, >273 !for temperature

OBS_VAR1_THRESH = <=273, >273

FCST_VAR2_THRESH = >=5         !for wind

Thanks!

Zhuming