[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #99597] History for inquire about questions regarding the MET-TC tools

Minna Win via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 22 14:40:56 MDT 2021

My name is Yan Jin, and I am learning MET-TC tools to do TC verifications.
I followed the practical session to learn the MET-TC tool, including
tc_pairs and tc_stat. I also did some practice by replicating the previous
work (I am not sure if it is OK to paste my report here).

Basically I used tc_pairs, then tc_stat, and R script to plot the result.
Here are my questions,

   1.

   In the tc_stat summary output file, there are rows after lead time 120h,
   however, the plot doesn’t show the values after 120h. I tried to force the
   Rscript to plot the data till 168h, but the line is cut off at 120h.
   2.

   Since there is already a summary tcst file after running tc_stat, I
   wonder if I can run R script to use the summary file. I saw there is a
   command option in the R script, and I used it in the plot .sh script, but
   it seems that the .sh script didn’t read the summary .tcst file.

Could you give me some suggestions? I can attach the report if you want. It
contains input data, steps, and my questions.

Thanks very much.
Best,
Yan