[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #99174] History for Undefined symbol error (MET 9.1.2)

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 19 11:31:40 MDT 2021

Hi all-

I'm back again (sorry, Julie!).

I recently upgraded to 9.1.2 from 9.1, and the MET build seems successful (config and make_install are attached). However, I get an error I've never seen before when running a point_stat command (see below, full command on top, error below).  It shows up with pb2nc as well.  I'm guessing this due to my compilation of bufrlib (?), but any suggestions on the issue, or what can solve it?

Thanks!
-Tom

/fewxops/software/met/met-9.1.2/bin/point_stat /fewxops/verification/data/model/grib2/feens1/2021/feens1_verify_2021020100f30.grib2 /fewxops/verification/data/obs/met_format/madis_meso/mesonet_fe_2021020206.nc /fewxops/verification/data/met_output/working/config_files/point_stat/PointStatConfig_wind_categorical_mph -outdir /fewxops/verification/data/met_output/output/stats/conusarw/point_stat/madis/PointStatConfig_wind_categorical_mph/2021020100 -point_obs /fewxops/verification/data/obs/met_format/madis_metar/metar_fe_2021020206.nc

/fewxops/software/met/met-9.1.2/bin/point_stat: symbol lookup error: /fewxops/software/met/met-9.1.2/bin/point_stat: undefined symbol: _ZN6netCDF6NcFileC1ERKNSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEENS0_8FileModeE

[https://firstenergycorp.com/content/dam/opcologos/emailsig/FE-logo.png]

Thomas Workoff
Sr Scientist
office: 330-436-1475 (850-1475)
tworkoff at firstenergycorp.com
341 White Pond Drive, Akron, OH 44320 | mailstop: A-WAC-C1 / AK-West Akron Campus

The information contained in this message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete the original message.