[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #95501] History for pb2nc and -dump flag

Howard Soh via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 13 10:34:41 MDT 2020

Quick question! I'm using pb2nc and have "D_CAPE" in obs_bufr_var in my
config. pb2nc is dumping the contents of the prepbufr file to ASCII files
even though I am not using the -dump flag. If I don't have "D_CAPE" in
obs_bufr_var the files aren't dumped. Is this a bug or does pb2nc need the
contents dumped in order to derive CAPE from the prepbufr files?

--

Mallory Row

IMSG at NOAA/NWS/NCEP/EMC

Yes, it was a bug and was fixed at MET 9.0.1 (bugfix).
https://github.com/NCAR/MET/issues/1286

Cheers,
Howard