[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #96557] History for TOTAL- Count of observations,

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Oct 1 14:33:29 MDT 2020

I have  a quick question for the definition of Total on MET guide. If you
look at the page 152 on the MET guide:

https://dtcenter.org/sites/default/files/community-code/met/docs/user-guide/MET_Users_Guide_v9.0.3.pdf

On Table 9.7 TOTAL- Count of observations, is it the same as "count of
grids for matched pairs"? Eg. for grid to grid ensemble, count how many
grids have both non-zero obs. and  each non-zero ensemble member (after
throwing out gridpoint with either zero individual members OR zero obs. ),
and then get the average among all the members?

Thank you.

Binyu