[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #97235] History for Upper bound on size of grids for MET?

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Nov 17 10:45:51 MST 2020

Hi, there,

Is there an upper bound on the size of grids that MET can handle?  The
regional model group is introducing a North American grid that has 3 km
grid spacing and has over 15 million gridpoints.  When I use FULL for the
POINT_STAT_GRID, I see that the verification is missing many fields that
exist in the grib2 file.  I don't see this problem for any other domain
(that I've noticed).

Should MET be handling these grids, or is there something else missing that
I need to do?

Thanks!

Perry

--