[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #95944] History for network issue

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Jul 20 12:08:26 MDT 2020

Good afternoon,

A couple of days ago I encountered an issue connecting to metviewer when
running in plotting batch mode.  I thought that it was related to recent
network issues, but since it has been a couple of days I thought that the
issue would be resolved.  However, I find that the issue still exists.  I
didn't change anything in the connection block of the code at all.  The
only difference I can think of is the recent switchover from the hard token
to a soft token to log into WCOSS.  Here's what my error looks like:

*+ sed -e 's!abcREGabc!CONUS!' Plot_Time_Series_OZCON_fcst_valid_beg.xml+
bash
/gpfs/dell2/emc/modeling/save/Edward.Strobach/Met_Viewer/scripts/mv_batch_on_aws.sh
edward.strobach
/gpfs/dell2/emc/modeling/noscrub/Edward.Strobach/metplus_aq/CMAQ/plots/Time_Series/OZCON/fcst_valid_beg
Plot_Time_Series_OZCON_fcst_valid_beg.xmlCALLING: scp
Plot_Time_Series_OZCON_fcst_valid_beg.xml
edward.strobach at 205.156.8.85:~ssh: connect to host 205.156.8.85 port 22:
Connection timed outlost connection*

My connection block looks like this:

*<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?><plot_spec>
<connection>
<host>metviewer-dev-cluster.cluster-czbts4gd2wm2.us-east-1.rds.amazonaws.com
<http://metviewer-dev-cluster.cluster-czbts4gd2wm2.us-east-1.rds.amazonaws.com></host>
    <password>rds_pwd</password>
<management_system>aurora</management_system>    </connection>*

Have others experienced this issue?

--
Edward Strobach
EMC/NCEP/NWS/

Multiple people at EMC  can't access AWS server and Perry Shafran is
aware of this problem. He thinks that "NCO is doing some network work
that is hampering with access to the server from College Park".

Tatiana

From: Edward Strobach - NOAA Affiliate
Time: Thu Jul 16 13:59:01 2020

Oh, I see.  Thanks for letting me know.  Hopefully it can get resolved
soon.  Take care.

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 3:56 PM Tatiana Burek via RT

From: John Halley Gotway
Time: Mon Jul 20 10:49:23 2020

Hi Ed,

I'm just following up on this ticket from last week. Based on another
ticket, I suspect that access has been restored but I just wanted to
double-check with you to make sure you're all set.

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 1:59 PM Edward Strobach - NOAA Affiliate via

From: Edward Strobach - NOAA Affiliate
Time: Mon Jul 20 10:50:48 2020

Things are looking good.  Thank you

--