[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #93886] History for Running RegridDataPlane wrapper for fcst and obs file

George McCabe via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Jan 22 16:27:58 MST 2020

I've been running the GridStat METplus wrapper to verify 3 different
simulated reflectivity-related products from 7 different hi-res models.
Since I want to fairly compare the 7 models, I'm using a standard
verification grid.

I've realized that simply allowing the GridStat wrapper to regrid the
forecast and observation files is highly inefficient because regridding
occurs with every forecast lead/valid combination, regardless of whether
the obs or fcst file has already been regridded. So now, I'm trying to add
the RegridDataPlane wrapper to my process list, but it appears that I'm not
able to regrid a fcst file and an obs file simultaneously?

I get the following error (on the command line or in stderr of a job
script) when I try to run RegridDataPlane with both :

01/22 19:05:33.039 jlog (master_metplus.py:190) CRITICAL: master_metplus
failed: getdir() takes at most 3 arguments (4 given)

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File
"/usrx/local/dev/packages/met/METplus/METplus-2.1/ush/master_metplus.py",
line 187, in <module>

    main()

  File
"/usrx/local/dev/packages/met/METplus/METplus-2.1/ush/master_metplus.py",
line 120, in main

    item + "Wrapper")(p, logger)

  File
"/gpfs/dell3/usrx/local/dev/packages/met/METplus/METplus-2.1/ush/regrid_data_plane_wrapper.py",
line 39, in __init__

    self.create_c_dict()

  File
"/gpfs/dell3/usrx/local/dev/packages/met/METplus/METplus-2.1/ush/regrid_data_plane_wrapper.py",
line 104, in create_c_dict

    '', self.logger)

TypeError: getdir() takes at most 3 arguments (4 given)

01/22 19:05:33Z run-METplus-CRITICAL:  master_metplus  failed: getdir()
takes at most 3 arguments (4 given)

In this attempt, I have FCST_REGRID_DATA_PLANE_RUN and
OBS_REGRID_DATA_PLANE_RUN both set to True, and I have input and output
directories set for both fcst and obs. I tried setting FCST...RUN to false,
and I didn't get that error.

Is there any way I can run RegridDataPlane for both forecast and obs in the
same process list? Or do I need to regrid the obs files prior to the
METplus call that runs RegridDataPlane for the fcst files prior to running
GridStat?

Thanks,
Logan

--