[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #94874] History for Compiling Error

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Apr 22 12:03:43 MDT 2020

I am trying to compile MET9.0 on CENTOS 8 in a virtual machine on a MacBook Pro. I think I have all the variables set correct, but I keep running into the following error that does not allow for the compile to complete:

/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libpython3.7m.a(dynload_shlib.o): undefined reference to symbol 'dlsym@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
//usr/lib64/libdl.so.2: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
make[4]: *** [Makefile:427: ensemble_stat] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/wrf/met-9.0/src/tools/core/ensemble_stat'
make[3]: *** [Makefile:379: install-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/wrf/met-9.0/src/tools/core'
make[2]: *** [Makefile:373: install-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/wrf/met-9.0/src/tools'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:370: install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/wrf/met-9.0/src'
make: *** [Makefile:425: install-recursive] Error 1

I have attached my make_install.log in case there is something in there I am missing.

Thanks for any help that you can provide!

Josh Boustead
Research Associate
PEMDAS Innovations and Technologies
Norman, OK

--

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message and all attachments
transmitted with it may contain legally privileged and confidential