[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #93726] History for Wind direction verification

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Apr 1 12:13:44 MDT 2020

Greetings MET Help
I was wondering if you had an update of the status of wind direction
verification?  Looking at the slides you have online from 2018, it seems
that wind dir verification is under development.  The slides also suggest
that the verification would use the U and V components instead of a wind
direction field.  I just want to make sure that this info is still
accurate.  We are currently archiving the URMA wind direction field, so if
we need to change our archive, I want to do that ASAP.  If there is other
info on what will be supported or what version it is expected to be in that
I am missing, please let me know.

John Wagner
Verification Task Lead
COR Task Manager