[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #91312] History for Batch plotting on AWS

Tatiana Burek via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Sep 3 11:08:51 MDT 2019

I'm trying to test out batch plotting on AWS (via WCOSS), and I'm getting
some weird errors before the plotting script fails.

One of them says: 2019-07-30
edu.ucar.metviewer.db.mysql.MysqlDatabaseManager.initDBList(Unknown Source)
-1 initDBList - Access denied for user 'logan.dawson'@'205.156.8.85' (using
password: NO)

Then, it tries creating the plot before a second error says: "Database
mv_ylin_pcp is invalid"

I thought I might be running into an authentication/access problem, but the
simple ssh test (ssh logan.dawson at 205.156.8.85 'ls -al') works, and I'm
able to list out the available databases (using
/gpfs/hps3/emc/global/noscrub/Mallory.Row/VRFY/METviewer_AWS/mv_db_size_on_aws.sh
 logan.dawson)

Here's the full run command I'm using:
/gpfs/hps3/emc/global/noscrub/Mallory.Row/VRFY/METviewer_AWS/mv_batch_on_aws.sh
logan.dawson /meso/save/Logan.Dawson/CAM_verif
/meso/save/Logan.Dawson/CAM_verif/test.xml

My XML script, the output, and the mv_batch script are all attached for
reference.

Thanks,
Logan

--
*Logan C. Dawson, Ph.D.*
Support Scientist, I.M. Systems Group, Inc.