[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #92964] History for Data error in SREF verification against prepbufr station data

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Nov 6 10:55:54 MST 2019

I am working on verification of SREF (26 members) against surface station.
The NAM prepburf is first converted to Netcdf file using PB2NC,
then use ensemble_stat to generate necessary stats.
For testing , only 2m T is verified,  but got an error  when applying ensemble_stat.
The error says "process_grid_vx() -> TMPZ2 not found in observation files".

The a complete  case is stored in directory
 /scratch4/NCEPDEV/fv3-cam/noscrub/Binbin.Zhou/met_test/sref_20191104
on Theia
This test is just verifying SREF's 9 fhr forecast cycled at 03Z, validated at 12Z, of  20191104.
The running script is run_test.sh

Could you please look at this case you?

Thanks!

Binbin