[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #90130] History for grid-stat question

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed May 15 09:01:46 MDT 2019

I am using MET "series_analysis" tool to compare Model forecast against another model/observation and using continuous statistics like RMSE, Bias etc with 1 month of data to check how the model of interest errors are "spatially" distributed. I am wondering what I should do if I would like to :

1. see this statistics in terms of temporally, over a domain of interest ? Netcdf output from "series_analysis" averaged them over the domain, but is there a way to store them temporally, so a time series can be drawn ? MODE tool used for temporal information, but wondering if that can be done in Grid-stat as well ?

2. Also,  at any grid point how do I get the variable values (in this case Aerosol optical depth form both forecast and observations) to construct any correlation ? I am using Pearson correlation coefficient in series_analysis, but does it store AOD values at each grid point for analysis length that can be used to draw correlation on my own ?

Hope I make this clear, let me know if you have questions.
Thanks for your help