[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #89310] History for METviewer batch plot: "** ERROR: null"

Tatiana Burek via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Mar 15 07:30:35 MDT 2019

Hello.  On the NCEP METviewer server, I tried to run a batch plot job:

cd /metviewer/staging/wd22yl/sudo.scripts

/usr1/metviewer/metviewer/bin/mv_batch.sh plt_rgl_ets.xml

Output is just this:

----  MVBatch  ----

input file: plt_rgl_ets.xml

   **  ERROR:  null
----  MVBatch Done  ----

How can I find out what's wrong?  I've run batch plots before and know
that when it runs the output would look like

----  MVBatch  ----

input file: ....*.xml

processing 1 jobs:

Running 3 plots
Begin time: ....

etc. (lots of output follows)

I tried to compare the above script with one that does work (e.g.
/metviewer/staging/wd22yl/sudo.scripts/scripts.worked/plt_201709-11_052km_020.0mm.xml)
but can't see what the problem is.  It's probably something obvious but
after two days looking at it I'm still not going anywhere.  Would you
mind taking a look at this?  Attached is the xml (same as at
/metviewer/staging/wd22yl/sudo.scripts/).  Maybe a fresh pair of eyes
would spot the problem right away.

Thank you.

Ying

--
Ying Lin
NCEP/EMC/Verification, Post-processing and Product Generation Branch
Ying.Lin at noaa.gov