[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #89124] History for Name Issues with pcp_combine

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Mar 8 15:44:17 MST 2019

Hello again,

I apologize for all of the inquires, and my latest question is related to
the variable name output from pcp_combine. I have used pcp_combine, as
suggested by John with the -add command on data using the following command:

/opt/MET6/met6.0/bin/pcp_combine -add ./20180713-001500.netcdf
\'name="A001500"; level="(*,*)";\' ./MRMS15min_lag00.nc

This command works successfully and creates MRMS15min_lag00.nc, but with
the variable name of A001500_001500. Would I be able to force this function
to create a variable name the same as the original file of A001500?

I have included the file here:
https://ftp.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/erickson/dtc/MRMS15min_lag00.nc

Thank you again!

Mike

--
Michael J. Erickson

Research Scientist
Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES)
NOAA/NWS/NCEP/Weather Prediction Center
Phone:  301-683-1546