[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #90495] History for wavelet-stat

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Jun 7 11:02:36 MDT 2019

Hi met-help,

How do I configure wavelet-stat to run without any thresholding, i.e., apply the wavelet transform on the raw field?

Thanks,
May

Subject: wavelet-stat
From: Minna Win
Time: Thu Jun 06 09:02:25 2019

Hello May,

It looks like you are unsure about how to set up your wavelet stat
config
file for performing transformations on the raw field.  This ticket is
being
assigned to John Halley Gotway.

Regards,
Minna
---------------
Minna Win
NCAR
Research Applications Lab
Phone: 303-497-8423
Fax:   303-497-8401

From: John Halley Gotway
Time: Thu Jun 06 09:29:21 2019

Hi May,

The wavelet-stat tool can only be run after applying a threshold.  It
is
not designed to be run on a raw, un-thresholded field.  It implements
the
method described in Casati, et al (2004) which includes thresholding.
If
you have followup questions about the science or statistics behind it,
could refer you Tressa Fowler, a statistician on our team.  I just
added
her to this ticket so she'll get a copy of future correspondence.