[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #90403] History for point_stat interpolation

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Jun 3 12:10:30 MDT 2019

Hi:

I'm running point_stat using a bi linear interpolation method.  However,
the output messages are confusing me somewhat.  According to the met
documentation, bi linear interpolation, the width should equal 2 (4 data
points).  However, my output looks like this:

DEBUG 2: Processing TMP/Z2 versus air_temperature/Z2, for observation type
MSG001, over region FULL, for interpolation method BILIN(4), using 9 pairs.

What does the "9 pairs" mean here?

Tina

Christina Kalb
Associate Scientist