[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #91182] History for question about use of V5.2 Stat-Analysis (UNCLASSIFIED)

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Jul 22 15:33:38 MDT 2019

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

I want to run the aggregate_stat to generate FSS values which are aggregated
over several lead times. In order to aggregate using the fundamental data
(contingency table counts by threshold and neighborhood size) used to
compute Brier Score and FSS, does this mean that the input line type is the
NBRCTC? I understand from the V5.2 User's Guide that if NBRCTC is the input
line type, then the only output line type is NBRCTS. The problem with this
is that the NBRCTS line type doesn't have the FSS score. Can I specify the
output line type NBRCNT to get FSS? If not, how do I generate aggregated
values of FSS?

Thanks.

R/
John