[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #88022] History for Question about MTD convolution

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 9 12:07:13 MDT 2019

I am aware that Mode Time-Domain (MTD) automatically applies both
spatial and temporal convolution. Users are able to control the amount
of spatial convolution through the conv_radius parameter in the MTD
namelist. However, temporal convolution appears to automatically be
applied over +/- 1 time-step according to the documentation here:
https://dtcenter.org/met/users/support/OnLinePractical/OnLinePractical_218/mtd/run.php.

For my work, I am interested in very small objects such that I am not
applying any spatial convolution (conv_radius = 0). I would also like to
see how the results differed if I did not apply any spatial convolution
as well. Is there a way to configure the temporal convolution through
the MTD namelist? If not, is there a way to disable that function
altogether?

Thanks,
Samuel Degelia