[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #88069] History for Format for netcdf forecast files

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 9 12:07:12 MDT 2019

I want to evaluate forecasts, whose files are written in netcdf.
When I test with my netcdf forecast files, it does nor work and I get
warnings like:
DEBUG 4: Met2dDataFileFactory::new_met_2d_data_file() -> created new
Met2dDataFile object of type "F
ileType_NcCF".
DEBUG 4: NcCfFile::open() -> could not extract valid time from the "time"
variable.
DEBUG 4: NcCfFile::open() -> could not extract valid time from file name.
DEBUG 4: NcCfFile::open() -> could not extract init time from the
"forecast_reference_time" variable
DEBUG 4: NcCfFile::open() -> could not extract init time from file name.

Could you provide me an example of netcdf file which can be read by MET ?

Thanks

*Blandine L'Hévéder*
Météo - Océan -Climat

blandine.lheveder at gmail.com