[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #86517] History for Wind Speed Derivation Question

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 9 12:07:33 MDT 2019

Does MET grid_stat have the capability to read in gridded U and V wind fields (both in GriB2 format) to verify against a single wind speed field (also in GriB2)?

I've some across a mismatch in available fields and trying to decide the best way to handle it.  If I need to calculate the wind speed field separately, I'll go that route, but I'm hoping MET has logic to handle it.

Thanks,
Matt

Matthew C. Sittel, Meteorologist
Matthew.Sittel.ctr at us.af.mil