[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #82281] History for VAL1L2 not being computed?

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 9 12:04:16 MDT 2019

I'm running grid_stat to get SAL1L2 and VAL1L2 output. I have these set to
"STAT" in my config file. The SAL1L2 output is there in the config file but
the VAL1L2 isn't. I tried running again with VAL1L2 set to "BOTH" and the
_val1l2.stat file was blank, minus the header. I'm using METV6.0, so I have
my config set up where UGRD isn't followed VGRD at the same level. VL1L2
works fine this way. Does the climo file need to have a UGRD_VGRD variable
in order for VAL1L2 to be computed, or can it just used the UGRD and VGRD
variables?

Mallory Row