[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #83164] History for intermediate MET files to view vx masks

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 9 12:04:03 MDT 2019

Hi Met Help,

I've created my own MET vx masks and I am trying to double check they are
working as I would expect them to when MET is run (I have already made the
.ps plots to view the area). Jacob Carley (cc'd) mentioned that MET should
have the capability to output some intermediate NetCDF files that I should
be able to view the masked region using the plot_data_tool. My MET jobs was
run on WCOSS (gyre) here:
/gpfs/gd3/stmp/Donald.E.Lippi/tmpnwprd/rw_c005/namrr_metradar_conus_f36.tm00_12

But I do not see any NetCDF output for this run. Is there an option to
write out this intermediate file so that I can double check my masks?

Thank you,
Donnie