[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #89958] History for comparing models

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 9 12:06:52 MDT 2019

We would like to evaluate a newly developed model against established
counterparts.
Would Grid-Stat Tool be appropriate for this purpose?
The models come at different horizontal and vertical resolutions in netcdf
and we would like to arrive at a common resolution of e.g. 0.25 degree and
interpolate from native vertical levels to pressure, possibly in GRIB to
make application of Stat-Tool easier.
Are tools in MET available to do that or there are other ways?
Thanks for comments and suggestions to help us find a sound method to
accomplish our task.
Thanks,
Mariusz