[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #90430] History for ASCII2NC

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 9 12:06:43 MDT 2019

I'm going to perform veri
cation statistics for forecasts at observation points using Point-Stat. Prior to this, ASCII2NC is helpful in re-formatting of point observations.

In my case, precipitation with different  accumulation intervals (A3, A6, A24...) would be evaluated with observational precipitation at intervals of 1 hour. I noted that '-config option' can specify some summaries of the fields in the ASCII files. Unfortunately, It doesn't seem to support summation (V8 users guide : 4.1.2). Is there any method to obtain the observation in the same period corresponding to simulations?

Any help from you will be greatly appreciated,

Jiao