[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #83197] History for conceptual mode question

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 9 12:04:02 MDT 2019

I've been using mode for a little while, but recently started using it for
some low resolution data, and realized I had some conceptual questions
about what was happening (since I can now see individual grid boxes).

I've attached a ps output file to better explain my question.

In the observations in the example, there are 3 non-contiguous grid boxes
with precip well above the threshold.  The object, however, is defined on
grid boxes in between the 3 grid boxes with high precip, but not including
the grid boxes with high precip.
Is there a setting that would make it more likely for the object to include
the boxes with high precip?

Thanks in advance for your help!
-Laurel DeHaan