[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #88674] History for Question on ensemble_stat when using point_obs

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Jan 28 16:21:54 MST 2019

I am trying to run ensemble_stat on point observations for Total
Precipitation (APCP).

Even though the met config file I am using does not have any A03 level in
it, the met_log shows it is looking for

APCP/A03 in the GEPS ensemble GFS forecast file. Then I get the following
WARNING message:

WARNING: MetGrib2DataFile::data_plane() - No matching record found for
'APCP/A03'

WARNING:

WARNING:

WARNING: process_n_vld() -> ensemble field "APCP/A03" not found in file
"/home/sarasammas/geps_verify/reduced_gribs/2018120500/GFS/GFS_E00_201812050
00000_f012.gr2"

For the run as shown in the attached log file, I was using a non-standard
grib_table, thinking the observation file was created using that grib_table.

I had no trouble running point_stat on the same pair of forecast file and
observation file.

For your reference I am attaching the log file, my config file and the
observation file.

Thanks

Suseela