[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #88303] History for UNIT mismatch in grib file for APCP and netcdf file for Observation of precipitation by TRMM

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Jan 3 14:38:55 MST 2019

Sir,
I tried to run mode with the help of python script provided earlier.
This ran successfully. But in the .ps file I am getting a difference
in units for APCP( as kg/m^2) while it is mm( mentioned as NA) in
precipitation observed by TRMM for daily
(https://disc.gsfc.nasa.gov/information/glossary/58ac98c7cac5244b115f80e7/giovanni-parameter-definitions#TRMM_3B42_Daily_7_precipitation)
and pcp for 3 hourly
(https://disc.gsfc.nasa.gov/datacollection/TRMM_3B42_7.html).
.ps file is attached herewith for diagnosis.
Will there be any mistake If I proceed with the results with units mismatch.

--
Thanking You
With Best Regards