[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #89009] History for Trouble with running point_stat() on accumulated precipitation probability

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Feb 21 11:26:15 MST 2019

Hi

I am trying to run METv6.1 point_stat() with probabilistic forecast file in
GRIB2 format as fcst

and 6 hr accumulated precipitation in netcdf file format as observation.

The grib2 file has probabilities of 6 hour accumulated precip > 0.25"
(QP025).

However when point_stat() is run it complains "Unrecognized GRIB 1 field
abbreviation 'QP025' for table version 2.

Not sure what to do with it!

I am attaching my config file, the error log, and a non-standard grib_table
that is used.

Thanks

Suseela