[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #88760] History for general quistions on MET for TC

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Feb 6 09:40:32 MST 2019

Dear Met_help

We have been running WRF for some time for historic TC simulation and was wondering if the MET tool could be useful for verification. We often experience that only a few observation are available so was hoping that the tool would enable us to use satellite pictures for 2 d verification of tracks and structures
Do you have any material on MET usage on TC verification
                      Which techniques
                                           Wavelet?
                      Which data sources
                                           Past satellite images avaible
                                           Scatterometers etc

Are looking forward to hear from you and getting starting on this tool
Cheers

Best regards,

Jesper Nielsen Nissen

Ph.D, Msc

Senior Meteorological Engineer

Ports and Offshore Technology

[DHI logo]

The expert in WATER ENVIRONMENTS

DHI

Agern Allé 5

DK-2970 Hørsholm

Denmark

Tel:

+45 4516 9200

Direct:

+45 4516 9464

Mobile:

+45 28441217

jeni at dhigroup.com<mailto:jeni at dhigroup.com>

www.dhigroup.com<http://www.dhigroup.com>

Privacy policy<http://www.dhigroup.com/privacy>

This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged. Unless you are the intended recipient
(or authorised to receive this message for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disseminate or disclose
any information contained in it thereof. If you have received this communication in error, please advise the sender
appropriately by reply e-mail, and then delete it. Thank you very much.