[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #92754] History for New to METplus: help setup for tutorial

David Fillmore via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Dec 2 15:34:13 MST 2019

Hello Met support,
I'm new to MET and METplus. Tara Jensen sent me this link
<https://dtcenter.org/community-code/model-evaluation-tools-met/metplus-practical-session-guide-july-2019>
to the latest tutorial for METplus which will be my main focus, and I'm
trying to setup the basic to get started.  I'm working on Hera, where
METplus is already installed, so far I was able to load the following
modules (please let me know if I'm missing any):

   - module use /contrib/modulefiles
   - module load met/8.1
   - module load intel
   - module load anaconda/anaconda2-4.4.0
   - module load nco wgrib R ncview

Do you know the path to the following env in Hera: METPLUS_BUILD_BASE,
MET_BUILD_BASE, and METPLUS_DATA?
I found the build instructions for MET on Theia here
<https://dtcenter.org/met-online-tutorial-metv8-0/tutorial-setup/existing-met-builds>.
Can I assume that MET_BASE and MET_BUILD_BASE are the same?  Are any
configuration steps that I need to add or skip given that METPlus is
already installed on Hera?

Thank you and I appreciate any help you can provide

Tatiana

--

*Tatiana D. Gonzalez, PhD.*
*Analysis & Nowcast *

*Analyze, Forecast and Support Office*

*National Weather ServiceSilver Spring, Maryland*

*Ph. (301) 427-9500 *