[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #91723] History for Merged Observatory Data Files

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Aug 28 13:46:20 MDT 2019

Dear DTC -
Tara Jensen and I have been chatting about a product we are developing that
combines all the observations from an observatory (a single "point" for
y'all) into one netcdf file that has cf compliant naming conventions.  The
idea is that if we could produce this product operationally for a number of
sites that it could be useful input for MET, especially for doing model
process evaluation.

She suggested I send you an example file to see how digestible it would be
for your system architecture.

Please see link below. Note:  We are still tweaking the format for these
files, but your feedback on usability for MET tools would be much
appreciated.
Regards,
Taneil Uttal

 barrow_obs_sop1.nc
<https://drive.google.com/a/noaa.gov/file/d/10tN1IT8MqSxNEksIgJUedACCrOFwnyz_/view?usp=drive_web>

Taneil Uttal
Polar Observations and Processes (Team Lead)
Earth Systems Research Laboratory
R/PSD3
325 Broadway
Boulder, Colorado 80305