[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #91422] History for Example/help using a timestring for netcdf files

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Aug 27 09:06:52 MDT 2019

Hi

I would like to use the new feature discussed in the release of MET 8.0:
"Enhanced the NetCDF library to request data using a timestring instead of requiring an explicit index for the time dimension."

I assume this can be used for "field" entries. However, I did not see any examples of this in the turorial. This new approach would be much better than finding the correct time index and using the syntax:
level = "(0,5,*,*)";

Can you please give me an example of how to do this?

Thanks,
Scott

---
Scott D. Rabenhorst, PhD