[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #89077] History for stat_analysis question

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 25 14:51:15 MDT 2019

Good afternoon,

(John, if this is assigned to you, apologies for not articulating this as
well on the call today - this is a brief followup to that).

We had a couple of questions regarding the output of stat_analysis. We're
having some issues getting that station IDs out of the .stat files.

We would like the process to be:

1. Run point_stat on each validation hour and produce a .stat and an .mpr
file for each valid hour, listing the verification for each station out in
the output files.
2. Run stat_anlaysis monthly on each of the .stat or .mpr files to produce
our aggregated scores for each station individually (aggregating by site).

Unfortunately, our processing at the moment has some snags that are causing
some headaches.

When we run point_stat, writing both the .mpr and .stat files, the station
identifier column doesn't have a column name in the .stat file (not a big
deal since we can get that information from the .mpr file). But when run
stat_analysis over the month to aggregate the station data, when we
aggregate over OBS_SID, the stat_analysis output doesn't contain the unique
identifier for the station causing us not to know what station that
verification belongs to.

Are we missing something in our stat_analysis configuration for it to
output OBS_SID column in the .stat output? This would solve all of our
problems. :)

Thanks much for your help,
Dana

--
Dana Strom
Verification and Visualization Task Lead

301-427-9451