[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #86903] History for Combining model/forecast files

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Sep 12 10:48:16 MDT 2018

Good afternoon,

I am currently running MET software and have learned how to implement it at discrete times (i.e., forecast hour 3). I was wondering if it was possible to use the software to compute statistics over a time window (i.e., 2nd - 8th forecast hours) and get POD, FSS, GSS, etc. over that time span. I know the suite includes "pcp_combine" which is helpful for accumulating variables. I would prefer to compare model and observations at each time and compute statistics over a given time span.

Thank you for your help!
Marcus