[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #87714] History for question on extra-tropical cyclone tracker using MODE time domain

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Nov 9 09:18:32 MST 2018

I was trying to generate forecast track errors for extra-tropical
cyclones.  I understand that I can do something like this using MODE time
domain.  However, when I look at the documentation, it looks like I need to
use the actual model grib data to do this.  Maybe like the current GFS
file, and then yesterdays' 24 hour forecast file? Is that correct?

So, the forecast errors that I'm interested in calculating are distance
from actual forecasted position, and intensity.  Can this be done using the
*.stat files that MET has already generated?

Thanks in advance!

Roz

--
Rosalyn MacCracken