[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #84829] History for obtaining counts for observation threshold levels to create a heatmap?

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed May 2 10:04:11 MDT 2018

I'm using ASCAT and GFS surface wind speed data for verification.  When I
use point-stat, I have set the cat_thresh to a variety of wind threshold
levels so I can calculate statistics within these bins.

So, I'm trying to make a heatmap of the max wind speed at a certain lat/lon
point, over a period of time, and also, how many times a certain lat/lon
point had  a wind speed in a particular threshold.

So, I was wondering if there was a way to keep track of thresholds at a
certain lat/lon point, and get the count for a period of time, and, to get
the max of the wind speed at that particular lat/lon point over a period of
time?

Does MET have the capability to generate such a file that I can plot with
Python?

Thanks!

Roz

--