[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #83486] History for Plotting CIs for RMSE

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Jan 5 15:48:22 MST 2018

I have been using Grid Stat to generate Fractions Brier Score statistics.
I use Grid Stat to create NetCDF matched pairs files containing observed
fractions, and then I run Grid Stat a second time to calculate RMSE with
the CNT line type to compare the observed fractions directly to forecast
probabilities.  From previous email exchanges with John and Tressa, RMSE
from the CNT line type will be equivalent to FBS if the data have already
been transformed into fractions.

However, I've been having trouble plotting confidence intervals for RMSE.
I noticed in METViewer that the CNT line type is not an option under
aggregation statistics, and the only way I am able to make plots of RMSE is
by selecting the "none" option with agg stat.

In my Grid Stat Config file (attached), I only have CNT turned on.  To plot
CIs for RMSE, do I also need to turn on the SL1L2 line type?

Thanks!
Ben

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>