[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #83377] History for visibility in MET

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Jan 4 15:21:18 MST 2018

Hi, there,

I am trying to verify visibility in MET.  In my PB2NC config file, I have
the following:

//
// Observation values to retain or derive
//
obs_bufr_var = [ "POB", "TOB", "ZOB", "QOB", "UOB", "VOB", "HOVI" ];

//
// Mapping of BUFR variable name to GRIB name
//
obs_bufr_map = [
   { key = "HOVI";     val = "VIS";
     key = "POB";     val = "PRMSL";
     key = "ZOB";     val = "HGT";
     key = "TOB";     val = "TMP";
     key = "QOB";     val = "SPFH";
     key = "UOB";     val = "UGRD";
     key = "VOB";     val = "VGRD"; }
];

Then I have this in my point_stat config file:

fcst = {
field = [
     {
       name = "VIS";
       level = "Z0";
       cat_thresh = [ >=800, >=1600, >=8046, >=16090 ];
     },
.
.
.
   ];

}

obs = fcst;

I still can't get VIS verification in my .stat file.  Is there anything I
am missing here, that you can see?  Do you need more information?

Thanks!

Perry