[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #83891] History for Scorecard - VL1L2_RMSE doesn't work with agg_stat

Tatiana Burek via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Feb 1 09:48:46 MST 2018

I am in the process of putting together scorecards for the RAP and HRRR
models for the NCEP director briefing on Friday afternoon.  When I tried
creating the RAP scorecard with mv_scorecard.sh, I noticed that the
VL1L2_RMSE stats for vector wind do not work when I have agg_stat set to
true.  VL1L2_BIAS does work so I'm not sure why RMSE doesn't.  However,
when agg_stat is set to false, the VL1L2_RMSE stats for vector winds work
with no issues.

I've attached my scorecard XML and the resulting image.  I think vector
wind RMSE should have values at f00/f06/f12/f18. Note that for testing
purposes I changed boot_repl to 10 but normally I have it at 1000 (which
takes longer to run).

Thanks!
Ben

I edited your XML and set all <view_..> tags to true and increased
boot_repl to 500.
<home>/scorecard_mv_met_bblake_rap_wind.xml

The missing values for f03, f09,f15.f21 were braking rmse
calculations. It should be fixed moe.
Please take a look at
/metviewer/staging/bblake/scorecard_mv_met_bblake_rap_wind.png:
p-values in columns with the existing values are preset.

Tatiana

From: Benjamin Blake - NOAA Affiliate
Time: Thu Feb 01 09:31:40 2018

Hi Tatiana,

I re-ran your script and was able to re-create the
scorecard_mv_met_bblake_rap_wind.png with values for vector wind rmse.

I also re-ran my scorecard_bblake_rap.xml script and was able to
generate
values for vector wind rmse.

Thanks very much for helping to fix this!

Ben

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 10:54 AM, Tatiana Burek via RT

From: Tatiana Burek
Time: Thu Feb 01 09:48:20 2018

Glad to hear that it worked for you.
I will close this ticket.