[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #84733] History for Gen-Vx-Mask: yyerror() -> syntax error in file "/tmp/config_25504_0_.temp"

Julie Prestopnik via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 12 11:58:19 MDT 2018

Hello all,

I am trying to create a mask of urban vs. rural areas over the lower 48 in
order to compute wind stats over those areas.  To do so, I am starting with
the vegetation/land-use grid used in the HRRR, then re-interpolating it to
the grid I am using (RTMA/NDFD grid):

wgrib2 hrrrland_orig.grb2 -set_grib_type c3 -new_grid_interpolation
neighbor -new_grid lambert:265:25:25 233.723448:2345:2539.703
19.228976:1597:2539.703 hrrrland_wexp.grb2

where hrrrland_orig.grib2 is a HRRR forecast file but with only the
vegetation/land use field.  I then try to create the mask using the -type
data option:

gen_vx_mask urma2p5.t00z.2dvaranl_ndfd.grb2_wexp -type data
hrrrland_wexp.grb2 -mask_field name='"VGTYP"' -thresh eq13 newurmamask.nc

When doing so, I get the following error message:
ERROR
:

ERROR  : yyerror() -> syntax error in file
"/tmp/config_25504_0_.temp"

ERROR:

ERROR:line=2

ERROR:

ERROR:column=1

ERROR:

ERROR:text=(nul)"

ERROR:

ERROR:

ERROR:(nul)

ERROR:(nul)

ERROR:

I'm guessing there is some sort of code in here that tells me what the
problem is (maybe I just have the syntax of the command wrong), but I can
find no reference with this information.

Is this the proper syntax for this command or does anyone know what this
error code might mean?

Thanks,
Steve Levine
NWS/Environmental Modeling Center