[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #82119] History for Mask Dictionary in MTD

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Sep 27 14:30:40 MDT 2017

Good morning,

I hope all is going well!

I'm trying to mask my data while applying MTD. I've tried it a few
different ways, but without success.

I would like to track only snow bands, and remove all regions greater than
275 K. I created a mask (mask.nc), which does just that, using gen_vx_mask.
I have 3 hours of HRRR data (HRRRv3_f1.nc, HRRRv3_f2.nc, HRRRv3_f3.nc) and
a config file (MTDConfig_USE) with a mask dictionary specified as:

mask = {
   grid = [ "FULL"];
   poly = [ "/export/hpc-lw-dtbdev5/merickson/Desktop/mask.nc" ];
}

I run MTD locally using the following command:

/opt/MET6/met6.0/bin/mtd -single HRRRv3_f1.nc HRRRv3_f2.nc HRRRv3_f3.nc
-config ./MTDConfig_USE

MTD runs, but appears to ignore any masking. Am I applying the masking
correctly? I am unable to FTP the files to you, but can throw them on
google drive, since they are probably too large to attach here. I have
attached the smaller config file here.

Thank you again for your time.

Mike

--
Michael J. Erickson

Research Scientist
Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES)
NOAA/NWS/Weather Prediction Center
Phone:  301-683-1546