[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #82019] History for mctc.tx output

John Halley Gotway via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Sep 15 14:27:41 MDT 2017

When I was running grid_stat, I had the following thresholds defined in my
config file.

cat_thresh = [ >=0.0, >=5.0 , >=10.0];

In the output of the mctc.txt file I was expecting a 3x3 contingency table
yet the N_CAT was 4 with 16 F_O values (see attached file).

Can you offer an explanation why N_CAT is 4 in this case, its likely my
misunderstanding but need clarification.

Thanks, Brad DIehl